What is Ombre?
Ombré (also known as Microshading, Powder and Shaded Brows) is a semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo procedure, where the manual process of pigment is applied into the top layers of skin.
This service creates the appearance of fuller eyebrows to a more defined brow tail. The Ombre technique differs from Microblading as it application is misty and layered towards the brow tail resembling the look of a powder brow makeup application.
The Ombre brow service is semi permanent as it does fade over time if no additional procedure is performed. Retention of the pigment product also is dependent on also factors such as the skin and clients lifestyle.
Long Term Results and Care:
Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer in time and have more of a “powdered” look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your cosmetic tattoo looking nice and crisp, a refresher (touch-up) appointment is suggested every 12 – 18 months.
Results vary with each client. Please note that clients with oily skin types will get a softer result. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors: the technique chosen, the pigment colour used (lighter colours fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas. Typically, brows will last 1-3 years depending on your skin type
Factors which will require an earlier touch up are:
- Tanning bed/sun exposure
- Oily skin
- Medical conditions
How many treatments do I need?
A minimum of two treatments are usually needed, the first being the initial and the second being at least 6 – 12 weeks apart.
With most Ombre procedures, the colour looks dramatically lighter after the first week. Some clients prefer this, while others prefer a bolder look. At the second treatment, the colour retention will be assessed and adjustments will be made as necessary. Everybody heals differently and at different rates. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry, you can always go darker and add more density at your next appointment. (This is rare however we are dealing with skin & it is unpredictable.)
Does it hurt?
We use a topical anaesthetic cream & gel. This is applied prior &/or during the procedure to ensure you are comfortable. Pain thresholds can vary from each individual. Ombre technique is our less invasive out of all brow treatments we provide. Our clients very rarely request numbing cream for this treatment.
Do I need a consultation?
All cosmetic tattoo services require consultation as we assess your natural hair growth/colour, eye colour, skin type, skin health, daily routines and personal preference when determining which technique will be best for you. Even though you might have something in mind, it might not be the best option and we promise to always give you our honest, professional opinion to ensure you leave with the best possible results. It is also important that you are confident with the ‘Pre Draw’ of your brows which will give you an understanding of the overall look of your brows on the day of the procedure.
How long does cosmetic tattoo take to heal?
Healing can take up to 7-14 days. Some swelling & redness is normal, but minimal and will subside within 1-2 days. Your brows will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days, but they will settle and gradually lighten during the complete healing process.
You will receive an aftercare kit with instructions on the day your procedure. Your brows will start to form as a scab, then it will peel during the healing process. Aftercare instructions should be followed to ensure that eyebrows heal accordingly.
What’s included in the cost?
If you proceed to have the Ombre treatment after your consultation, the cost of your consultation will be deducted of the full amount of the Ombre service. All cosmetic tattoo appointments include;
- Face measurements to ensure symmetry
- Custom brow design also known as the ‘Pre Draw’
- Custom pigment colour match to your brow hairs and skin tone
- Topical anaesthetic
- After care balm & instructions
Can you do cometic tattoo during breast feeding?
Cosmetic Tattoo has not been proven to be unsafe. There are too many little contributing factors. As you are producing more blood, extra hormonal and emotional while pregnant AND breastfeeding. Numbing cream cannot be used on pregnant women and later in pregnancy laying down on your back for 2+ hours can be quite uncomfortable for you.
Also, insurance doesn’t cover you or the business if anything unexpected should occur.
To all our expecting mamas, sit tight for the next 9 months and enjoy the stages of pregnancy as we can't do brows whilst pregnant or breast feeding.
How do I prepare for my cosmetic tattoo appointment?
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before procedure
- If you are unwell, the healing process will be slower and the treatment may be less comfortable than when you are in good health
- No waxing your brows 7 days prior your treatment
- Please ensure you have eaten before and had a drink before arriving to your appointment (non-alcoholic)
- It is advisable you don’t make social plans for the same day or the week of your brow appointment
- No pain relief prior to procedure such as aspirin or Panadol
- No vitamins or multivitamins for 7 days prior your treatment
- If you bruise or bleed easily or regularly use fish oil, ginger, garlic, ginseng or gingko. It is recommended you take arnica tablets for 3-5 days prior your treatment.
If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind, bring a few photos with you to your appointment. If you plan to go on a holiday, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, Fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen. Do not drink any alcohol or caffeine at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure. It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it. No tweezing, waxing or shaving of the hair will be required before your procedure. I will draw your preferred brow shape, then remove any unwanted hair.
What is the aftercare of cosmetic tattoo?
- Avoid sweating 7 days after procedure (no gym or excessive exercise)
- Apply a thin layer of aftercare cream every twice a day morning and night for 7 days (we will provide cream)
- No water on the brows for 7 days (body showers only)
- Avoid any exfoliants, soaps or cleansers for 14 days
- Avoid sun exposure & swimming for 14 days
- Avoid waxing & tinting for 14 days
- Avoid makeup directly on the brow for 14 days
- Do not pick peel or rub your brows as the colour may heal unevenly and could risk infection which could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake away itself.
The eyebrow and surrounding area should be kept dry for 7-10 days. This includes no swimming, saunas, steam, sweat or products on or around the area. Please do not use any oils or moisturisers, exfoliants across the forehead or eyelids. When showering please take extra care to ensure they are kept as dry as possible as this will help the pigment settle into the skin for longer lasting results. Do not scrub, wash, pick, wiggle/move, or itch your new brows.
Does cosmetic tattoo make your brow hair fall out?
One of the top myths being circulated about cosmetic tattoo is that it impacts natural hair growth—it doesn’t. When done correctly, eyebrow tattoo shouldn’t have any effect on your natural hair growth. However, it can sometimes stimulate hair growth—which for most is a win-win. While the boost in hair growth might require more grooming, it can help create a fuller look.
Who benefits from cosmetic tattoo?
Cosmetic tattooing is ideal for both women and men. If you have any of the following, cosmetic tattooing will benefit you;
- Temporary or permanent hair loss
- Thinning or faded brows
- Hand, arm and shoulder mobility limitations
- People who enjoy sports, swimming and the beach
- People who want definition
- People wishing to correct asymmetrical eyebrows
- People with poor eyesight
- People who are sensitive to make up
- People who are tired of pencilling eyebrows every day
- People with busy schedules who just want the luxury of waking up with their make up on
- Basically, everyone!
What are the contraindications of cosmetic tattoo?
- Chemotherapy patients
- Sunburnt skin
- Extremely sensitive skin
- If you have recently had any eye or laser/cosmetic treatments
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- If you are planning to have cosmetic surgery
- If you are prone to keloid scarring
- If you suffer from severe allergies
- If you are taking any kind medication
- If you have extremely oily skin
- If you are iron deficient or anaemic
- If you have ANY known medical conditions
Do I need to pay a deposit?
We do understand that circumstances may arise, however, to cover our costs all deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. This is a term you accept when making your booking on our website. If you need to reschedule a service we require notice of 72 hours notice for cosmetic tattoo procedures. Any cancellation/reschedule within 72 hours of your appointment, will incur the full cost of the online booking payment made. This is non-negotiable due to high demand for appointments. Please ensure you make it to your selected date and time.
Can I bring a friend or my child?
Please kindly note for all MBA services babies/children are not permitted in our treatment room. MBA has sharps, machinery and dangerous equipment which is unsafe for unattended children. You must be completely relaxed in order for us to perform the best possible work. No one is to be in the treatment room during MBA procedures commence for these reasons. Friends or family can be present for opinions and advice for brow mapping and consultation only. Thank you for your understanding.
- Eftpos (Visa & Mastercard)
- After Pay